A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away. – Eudora Welty
Prime Advertising is proud to once again partner with the City of Maple Grove for the annual Maple Grove Moments Photography Contest. We encourage Maple Grove residents, business people, and students to share their photographic talents and showcase the best of our community.
Photographers of all ages and experience may submit original photos through July 18, 2018, in the following categories:
Capture the people around you – strangers, neighbors, family, and friends.
Highlight Maple Grove events, activities, recreation, businesses, and landmarks.
Find inspiration in Maple Grove’s abundant natural settings and submit photos of green spaces, landscapes, plants, flowers, weather, or sky.
Wild at heart? Enter photos of wildlife and other creatures, including birds, animals, and pets.
This special category accepts entries from photographers aged 18 or younger. Submissions may fit into any of the above categories.
- Photographers with ties to Maple Grove (residents, students at Maple Grove schools, or employees of Maple Grove businesses) may submit up to 12 original photographs (up to 3 per category, or up to 12 in the youth category).
- Photos must have been taken in Maple Grove any time from 2015 to present day.
- Entries accepted and voting available from June 1 through July 18, 2018.
- Monetary prizes awarded for first, second, and third place in each category as well as one “Viewer’s Choice” selection.
- View contest entries on the City of Maple Grove website after the contest closes. Find 2017 contest info and entries here.
- Submitted photos may be used on both the websites and social media of the City of Maple Grove and Prime Advertising as well as area-wide print and online media.
- Winning photographer will receive recognition at a City Council meeting.
- Winning entries are showcased at the Government Center, in the City of Maple Grove’s Winter Newsletter, and on the city’s website and social media.
For complete rules and additional information, visit the contest page on the City of Maple Grove’s website. Happy snapping!