We are actively seeking a creative, enthusiastic COPYWRITER for a full-time, in-office position in our rapidly growing full-service marketing agency. This individual will draft or revise informative, engaging content for clients in various industries for websites, blogs, emails, and social media, as well as write for publications (articles), print, and digital marketing. The ideal candidate has a communications, marketing, English, or other relevant degree, or commensurate experience, is tech-savvy, has digital marketing experience, and can create compelling, accurate copy for various platforms. Experience writing effective SEO and SEO-driven content, strong social media marketing knowledge, and excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
We seek someone with an energetic, outgoing personality who is driven, proactive, and detail oriented. Must have a can-do attitude and be able to effectively manage multiple projects.
This position reports to the Content & Social Media Manager.
- Research topics and write polished copy for various departments.
- Revise or copy edit client-provided content as necessary.
- Develop SEO-friendly content for clients in various industries for websites, blogs, emails, and social media.
- Manage and execute engaging social media content and strategies to grow clients’ outreach and social media revenue.
- Post blogs with effective SEO-driven media and meta-data.
- Manage multiple, concurrent project schedules.
- Meet with clients to develop strategies and conduct copywriting interviews. Some local travel required with mileage reimbursement.
- Copy edit and proofread team members’ work and provide constructive feedback.
- Contribute to Prime Advertising social media and blog.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and compliance with Prime Advertising’s policies and standards.
- Contribute or otherwise assist as requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in communications, marketing, English, or relevant field.
- At least 2-4 years of professional writing experience preferred.
- At least 2 years of digital marketing experience preferred.
- Proficient in SEO implementation.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of business audiences to develop targeted messaging.
- Thorough understanding and execution of English grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Effective collaborator with excellent communication skills.
- Positive, self-motivated, detail-oriented; able to receive and follow-through on direction and assignments.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks; ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Resilient and able to cope with conflicting demands; able to prioritize duties and work under pressure.
- Methodical, accurate, consistent attention to detail without losing sight of the “big picture.”
- Ability to communicate with internal teams and clients regarding project deliverables and details.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; comfortable learning new software as needed.
This description reflects the core activities of the Copywriter role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties within the group/department/company may be required; in addition, changes to duties or priority may be required. This requires a flexible, open-minded approach to the position and the scope of work, understanding that there may be times when work extends beyond typical duties or regular office hours.
Include links and/or examples of your digital marketing work with your cover letter. If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide a 300-word writing sample on a topic selected at that time.
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Available benefits include PTO, long-term disability, HSA, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, cancer, accident, life insurance, and 401(k).
- This is NOT a telecommuting position.
- No phone calls.
- No agencies or recruiters.
- Third party applications will NOT be considered.
Prime is a full-service advertising agency that defies that status quo. We are dedicated to enhancing the client experience by infusing every marketing campaign with energy, personality, and more than 28 years of industry knowledge. We cultivate a fun, collaborative working environment that empowers every team member to reach their full potential.
Prime Advertising & Design is an equal opportunity employer.